Week16 - Planning Future Strategy

This semester has been a learning curve! I'm appreciative for all of the tools that were shared throughout this class, and I'll be taking away a lot from this course.

After using several different platforms throughout this course I've realized that Facebook and Instagram were the most effect platforms for my business. Since I'm representing a photography business, Facebook provides a solid foundation to help businesses build themselves from the ground up while Instagram creates a perfect showcase for photography! When it comes down to what I thought was the least effective, I would have to say Twitter. I found it difficult to reach my target markets throughout this platform, and it's difficult to display work when needed.

After reading through the different strategy tools, I've found a few that I'll definitely begin to implement into my daily strategies with my business. When it comes to organizing I think having a dedicated e-mail for social media accounts is a great idea along with an editorial calendar and google drive. This will create efficiency within my day to day routine. I have experience with using specific e-mail addresses for distinct purposes, and it's a great way to keep everything separated and organized! I also created different alerts for business e-mails, and my personal e-mails, so I always knew what was coming through that needed to be responded to right away.

Social media marketing is an imperative tool to my business I'm representing. It's an extremely useful tool for photographers to promote their work, and any events that they'll be hosting or attending. Also, it's a great way to spread the portfolio being built on the website. Currently, I'm redesigning the photography website, and once it's launched I'll be able to promote the launch across Facebook and Instagram. Therefore, I'm planning on spending a lot of time promoting and posting across social media platforms. Whenever new work is produced, I always make a point to share it across all platforms to keep up consistency.

Throughout the next month, there are three events scheduled for photoshoots. I'll begin by promoting the events a week ahead, so all of my followers know to be expecting new photos and content within the coming week. This will help the reach and engagement of my posts going out across all the platforms.

Comments

  1. Great post- sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward. I especially liked your strategy for staying organized and the different alerts for business and personal e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's great how you're getting some work the upcoming week . This gives you enough time to plan everything out accordingly. Also you can use it to your advantage when you finally have the photos and being able to post them up. Gives more content on your page to show what you're truly promoting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I think that it is an awesome idea to have a dedicated business email. I get so many random emails and I always feel overwhelmed trying to go through everything that this would help me out so much with organization. I think that photography is such a competitive field that that really taking advantage of social media will help you stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! I agree with what you mentioned about using Google Drive and an editorial calendar (like Google Calendar) to help you plan out when you will execute particular plans for your business. As someone who has used Google Drive before, I can assure you that you would probably find it very easy and convenient to use because you can do everything from schedule future events, write newsletters, make slide presentations, and much more on there. I also like the idea of having a specific email account attached to all your company's social media accounts so that you stay more organized. Your responses from customers would be much easier to track this way than they would if you were to use a completely different email address for each social media account. Thanks again for a great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Part 1 - Communication Between Business and Customer

Week 1A- Class Preparation