Week 1A- Class Preparation

I decided to choose this template for a few reasons. When it comes to design, I've always taken a liking towards a full screen background and a nearly transparent opacity with a content container. I also like the color scheme of the layout. Although it can appear to be busy from the repetitive print, it still has a clean body within the blog.

The image chosen also caught my eye as it reminded me of textures I work with everyday. Although I'm trying to step away from retail, my love for apparel will always be a part of me.  I thought this template summed up my side of my personality that has the eye for design, and I felt it would have a charming impact towards my viewers. I'm in favor towards the rustic/farmhouse design aspect, and I believed this entire design captured that.

I felt it was some what simple, but not so simple that it's forgettable. I believe this ending statement could describe me as well, so it's very fitting!

UPDATE:

I went back and fourth with my design options, and I've been working on a layout that was more clean-cut. I've updated my previous choice, but have kept a textured pattern as explained from my previous post. I thought my past design was too busy, and I believe this is much easier on the eye. The color scheme is still there, but the content has now become the main focal point within the blog layout. With all that said, I know am displaying the contempo theme. Thank you to previous comments before I made the change!

Comments

  1. Cassandra,

    Your design is well balanced. Although it has a complex pattern, your blog is easy to navigate and doesn't feel overwhelming at all. I think what made this work is the monotone color scheme of the soft pink colors. It is easy on the eyes. Also, I think adding a pattern background reveals a little more about yourself and what you love, and being true to yourself is very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Cassandra. I love the contrast between the solid pink hue and the burgundy flower background that you have as your blog background. It's also intriguing to hear about how you have managed to incorporate your personal love of apparel and different kinds of fabric into choosing this blog background.Whenever bloggers incorporate their interests through eye-catching colors and patterns into their blogs, it makes viewers like myself more eager to see whatever they have written. I also like the fact that it is so easy to see your blog posts in black font against a white surrounding background. I look forward to reading more your future blog posts in this class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cassandra!

    The first thing I thought when I saw your layout was "Oooohhh!!!" I love the color scheme and the floral patterns at the top are very appealing. I like this pattern because my aunt had a super comfortable couch with those same flowers on it, and I miss her very much! Good luck! This class is really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week16 - Planning Future Strategy

Week 3: Part 1 - Communication Between Business and Customer